Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The Rocket Workshop


Ok, so this isn't a workshop used exclusively for building model rockets but it's pretty perfect anyway. I have always liked building and repairing things so I have had this workshop since I moved into my home in 2000. I have made a few modifications though to make it more rocket friendly.

First of all I had to clean off the workbench. If there is anything I learned from working on jet engines for six years is that a clean work space is a productive workspace. I put everything in it's place and made some room to spread my projects out. I also made some room for basic rocket building supplies. Here is a list of the tools in my workshop that I use to build rockets and rocket building and launching equipment;
  • Dremel Scrollsaw
  • Small Drill Press
  • Jig Saw
  • Miter Saw
  • Orbital Sander
  • Clamps
  • Dremel
  • Cordless Drill
I have just enough space to work at my bench because I have a small pop-up camper parked in my garage. But you don't need a lot of space unless you are going to be painting in your garage, which I don't recommend. The basic tools listed above will help you make better rockets and the various tools and launch equipment listed on this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home