Monday, August 15, 2005

007 Estes No.2 Skywriter

The Skywriter is part of Estes E2X (easy to build) class of rockets. Even though this model does not represent much of a challenge to build I like the style of the thing. I mean a flying pencil, how cool is that, plus it was only $8.00. So the Skywriter gets the 007 designation in my fleet of model rockets.

Construction took less than one hour. I flew it with a B6-4 motor from Estes on it's first flight. It was the best flight from any rocket in my fleet. The rocket soared straight up and at apogee fired the ejection charge. The parachute deployed perfectly and gently lowered the rocket back to earth.

Manufacturer - Estes
Stages - 1
Weight - 1.5 oz.
Length - 26 in.
Diameter - .98 in.
Fin Material - Plastic
Recovery - 12 in. Parachute
Current Status - Active

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home