Tuesday, August 09, 2005

003 Viking

I learned a lot on my first project and I believe my second model rocket turned out pretty good. It has a great base of racing yellow with a metallic green nosecone. On it's first flight I installed a Estes A6-3 motor and it flew wonderfully!

The biggest downside to this kit are the "fiber" fins which is code for cardboard. They are very flexible and start delaminating easily. You can configure the fins in about 50 different ways though.

Overall the rocket looks great and is very east to build. The airframe takes the paint well and is lightweight and very stable. This is one of the best fliers in my fleet.

Manufacturer - Estes
Stages - 1
Weight - .6 oz.
Length - 12.1 in.
Diameter - .74 in.
Fin Material - Fiber
Recovery - Streamer
Current Status - Active

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home