Sunday, August 14, 2005

Vanguard Rocket Takes To The Air


I launched my Vanguard Rocket for the first time today. I used a Estes B6-4 rocket motor. The model flew straight and deploy the recovery device perfectly. It sustained minor cosmetic damage on landing. The ground here is really dry and hard due to a really dry and hot summer.

I am pleased with the rockets flight but I am probably not buying any more of the Estes "Launhable" line sold at Wal-Mart. The model was especially cheap and without some really good body work looks bad when assembled. There is a two piece nosecone which when assembled leaves a seam that must be sanded thoroughly and then filled. There are so many very small intricate parts that are difficult to paint and firmly attach to the model (this is what sustained damage in flight). The fins are pieced together in a similar fashion.

Overall this model looks better on the stand than in the air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home