Thursday, October 06, 2005

011 Superbird

I purchased this rocket from Discount Rocketry. When it came in it was missing the balsa fins. I gave a call over to Jim and Ruby the owners of Discount Rocketry and they sent a replacement kit out right away. After getting that all straighten out I began work on the body tube by filling in the spiral groove with wood filler and sanding. This rocket is the first payloader I have ever built. It splits at apogee and the boost section and the payload section come down separately. The finish came out great after several coats of primer and paint. It's a big rocket with a great design and should be a great flier.

Manufacturer - Quest
Stages - 1
Weight -
Length - 31.25 in.
Diameter - 1.378 in.
Fin Material - Balsa
Recovery - 12 in. Parachute (2)
Current Status - Active

1 Comments:

Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

Great stuff! I am also an avid rocketry person (now mostly mid to high power, but also low power).

I am glad to see another rocketry person in the bloggs... There are a few of us. I am going to include more rocketry in my blog as I start launching again.

Ill link you to my page, but be warned you might be offended by it so you dont have to go if you dont want to.

http://r2000.blogspot.com

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home